ASICS EMBRY-RIDDLE CLASSIC
Saturday, Sept. 16, 2017
Embry-Riddle University | Daytona Beach, Fla.
MEN (8K): 7:20 a.m. ET (6:20 a.m. CT) | WOMEN (5K): 7:50 a.m. ET (6:50 a.m. CT)
STARTING LINE: The Tennessee State men’s and women’s cross country teams will travel to Daytona Beach, Fla. to compete in the Asics Embry-Riddle Classic on Saturday, Sept. 16. The men’s team will run in the 8K at 7:20 a.m. ET (6:20 a.m. CT) followed by the women’s 5K at 7:50 a.m. ET (6:50 CT). It is the second year in a row TSU is competing in the event.
LAST TIME OUT
- Tennessee State opened the cross country season at the Golden Eagle Invitational on Sept. 2 in Cookeville, Tenn.
- The women’s team placed fifth overall led by freshman Rebekah Wynn’s 26th place finish in 24:06.8 in the 5K.
- On the men’s side, freshman Marcus Abdul posted a team-best time of 23:27.9 in the 6K to help TSU take sixth place.
AT LAST YEAR’S EVENT
- Then-senior Quamel Prince clocked in at 27:50.82 in the 8K to take 13th place at last year’s Asics Embry-Riddle Classic.
- The men’s team took seventh out of nine teams on the day.
- The Tigerbelles earned fifth place out of seven at the 2016 Asics Embry-Riddle Classic.
- Kenyana Hampton posted a ninth-place finish in 20:02.13 in the 5K to lead TSU.
UP NEXT: TSU heads to Clarksville, Tenn. for the Austin Peay Cross Country Festival on Saturday, Sept. 23.