- Newly renovated Hankal Hall opened in the spring of 2015.
- Hankal Hall features a state-of-the-art computer lab, a spacious study room and a lounge for student-athletes.
- The athletic department’s Academic Services department is on the second floor of Hankal Hall.
- The offices of the athletic administration, including the Director of Athletics, are in the building.
- The Tennessee State football coaching staff also has offices in Hankal Hall.
- TSU Athletic Media Relations offices are housed in the building as well.
- The renovations were aided by a $900,000 grant from the NCAA to develop enhancements to help student-athletes perform at the highest level.